Strolling Into the Night

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Strolling Into the Night

Post  Natacha on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:34 am

Caleb ran his bloody fingers through his hair as one corner of his pretty mouth tilted upwards as he thought this over, appearing to having listened for once, "Can I ask you something?" he muttered, starting down the street and looking like he actually knew where he was going.
Natacha
Admin

View user profile http://www.natachajay.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:19 am

Kiran followed after him, "Sure, what is it?" He muttered, studying the scenery as they passed, only having been in Nashville once and for his bestfriend's funeral, the bestfriend to which he now spoke.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:58 am

Caleb sighed, moving down a very familiar street as he smiled slightly, the claustrophobic feeling starting to loosen up, "If I told you that I didnt want this anymore, what would you say?" he muttered, knowing that his friend could probably use some more elaboration.
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:00 pm

"If you didn't want what anymore?" Kiran inquired softly as he stuffed his hands into his pockets and glanced up at the sky.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:09 pm

"Hell," Caleb muttered, stuffing his hands into his pocket aswell as he turned a corner onto a nicer street, "Being King, all that shit."
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:11 pm

Kiran turned with him, he was silent for a few moments, considering this, "What would you do instead?" he mumbled, still looking up at the Tenessee sky.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Caleb shrugged slightly, "Anything," he muttered, glancing back at him as they reached a rather large, white villa with a porch, its current state showing that it must have been glorious back when it was new, "Did I ever tell you what my dad did for a living?"

Kiran shook his head as he turned his gaze to the villa, "What did he do?" he muttered, studying his bestfriend now

Caleb couldnt help it when he breathed the words into a laugh, "He was a priest." he studied the house for a few moments before looking at his bestfriend, "Can you imagine what he'd say if he saw me now?"

Kiran looked at him and smiled, "He'd see the same thing I see, a man who has a good, beautiful wife and lots of kids, all who love him, yes, he's made a lot of mistakes and he'll keep making them but he'll learn and if he strays, he always comes back because deep in his soulless heart he knows where he belongs and he knows what to do. Your dad would be proud, no matter what you do."

Caleb smiled genuinely at him, "If only things were that simple," he muttered, digging into his pocket to take out a small, bronze key, "What about you?" he mumbled, "You ever thought about giving your dad a second chance, while he's still alive and unable to turn in his grave whenever you make a bad decision?"

Kiran still smiled but it was sad, "My dad wasn't a priest, he wasn't great, he scarred my mother down to her soul, he betrayed us to people who would use us, beat us, and make us monsters." he muttered, "I don't care what he thinks about my decisions and I don't ever want him to be around me or my children."

"And you plan to tell your kids that whenever they ask about their grandfather?" Caleb inquired softly, seemingly just curious as he started for the villa's porch.

Kiran shrugged, "If they ask, I'll just tell them he's dead." he muttered, "What's this place?" he said, gesturing to the villa.

Caleb shrugged a bit, "Used to live here," he muttered and carefully slid the key into the lock.

"You just 'used to live here'?" Kiran muttered and ran his fingers through his hair, "Why do you want to give up your kingdom?"

Caleb shrugged again, "I'm not very good at it," he muttered and pushed open the creaking door, "And yeah, I just used to live here."

"You had three years of Peace...in /Hell/." Kiran muttered, "Maybe you should talk to Eliya about all of this, you know?"

Caleb pursed his lips as he very slowly began into the house, the wooden floors creaking under his weight, "Who better to talk to other than the man I want to give the throne to?" he muttered, like those words were just as casual as anything.

Kiran sucked in his breath, surprised for a moment before he followed him in, "I don't want your throne, I don't do demons and hoodoo shit, I like my sterile, cold, government problems."

Caleb crinkled his nose as he studied everything, "I'll give you fifty million dollars if you take it off my hands for.." he thought this over for a moment before looking back at him, "A week. That's all I ask."

Kiran made a face, "I'm a simple man, I don't need fifty million dollars." he said, studying everything, "Do you know what would happen if I became king? For even a week?"

Caleb smiled as he put on the most indifferent face he could possibly manage before he shrugged, "Do I look like I care?" he muttered, "You're a simple man fucking the most materialistic woman, right after Eliya, that I have ever met," he said, almost teasingly, "You need those money more than me."

Kiran crossed his arms over his chest, "Anna can stuff her materialism up her smurfhole, I buy her things with money I earn doing work I love." he said, "And Eliya only wants things because she's had to fight and cling to everything she's been given, I dont know if you remember but she died to give you Hell and if you dont want it, take it up with her."

Caleb raised a brow at his friend, something like annoyance coming into his eyes, "Fine," he said, starting for what used to be his dad's study.

Kiran rolled his eyes and followed after him, "Look, you can give up Hell if you want to, just don't expect me to take on that load, I wouldn't be good for it and I think Anna would just...die." he nodded.

Caleb pursed his lips, "Don't worry about it, man," he muttered and stepped around his dad's desk, looking distracted as if searching for something, "I'm sure Chris can take over for a week or so," he mumbled, starting to dig through some drawers before turning to Charles' book-shelves.
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Kiran frowned, feeling like a bad friend all of a sudden but he sighed, "What are you looking for?" he inquired.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:32 pm

Caleb crinkled his nose as he took out a rather large, leather-bound journal, "This," he muttered, frowning a bit as he flipped onto the last pages, "Natacha slipped up a few days ago, about how he died," he said calmly, "I always thought he was killed by someone trying to mug him, but.. He was killed because of us."
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:49 am

Kiran frowned deeply, "What do you mean 'because of us'?" he muttered, curious now.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:03 am

Caleb glanced up at his friend, a slightly darker look in his eyes, "I mean that he was killed because his wife and sons were vampires and he didnt kill us in our sleep," he muttered, his jaw clenching, "I just need proof that the order was given by the church."
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 am

"Then what? You're gonna take on the church? You don't even wanna be king anymore." Kiran muttered, his brain-to-mouth filter not fuctioning properly.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:21 am

Caleb raised a brow at him, "I didnt ask for your opinion, Hawthorne," he said, like talking to a disobedient child as he flipped onto the page that he was looking floor and dropped his gaze to the journal, not even five seconds passing before a smile began tugging on his lips.
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:26 am

Kiran narrowed his eyes at him, "Why are you smiling?" he grumbled.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:34 am

Caleb grinned as he held the journal up, showing a picture of someone who appeared to be mister Anthony Ricci himself, "Seems like your father-in-law was more than a human mob-figure."
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:40 am

Kiran frowned deeply, "That's...huh? Does it say anything about him?" he muttered, bewildered.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:44 am

Caleb shrugged slightly, studying the page again, "Says he worked for the Vatican," he muttered, wrinkling his nose, "And he told my father to kill us or he would." he pursed his lips, thinking this over for a few moments, "No wonder no one in that horrible family didnt want me screwing Anna; no offence."
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:54 am

Kiran made a noise that slowly turned into a laugh and he doubled over, clutching his sides as he laughed like a loon, finding fate a hilarious thing after all.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:57 am

Caleb raised a brow as he studied his friend who had obviously just lost his marbles, "You're a fucking lunatic, man, do you know that?"
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:59 am

Kiran caught his breath and smiled up at him, "You don't see how any of this is slightly funny?" he muttered, shrugging slightly.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:04 am

"Other than you? No," Caleb muttered, making a face, "But please, do shed some light on that."
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:25 am

Kiran shrugged, "My wife's dad tried to have you killed and then years later you date her, I steal her from you, and here we all are." he muttered, smiling.

Caleb couldnt help it when he smiled, rolling his eyes at him, "You're still fucking crazy," he said softly and gestured to the door, "Speaking of which, I gotta talk to your wife."

Kiran sighed, "Please don't emotionally damage her, I'll have to break your nose." he muttered, narrowing his eyes a moment.

Caleb rolled his eyes, "Have a little more faith in your girl's mental abilities," he muttered, starting for the door with Charles' journal in hand, "Besides, you've already fucked up her head so bad that I couldnt make her cry if I wanted to."
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:52 am

Kiran rolled his eyes, "I did no such thing." he grumbled as he turned to follow him, "Speaking of our women's mental states, how you gonna get Eliya out of her coma?"

Caleb shrugged slightly, "Poke her with a stick?" he mumbled, feeling that claustrophobic twinge returning as he went out on the street.
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:03 am

Kiran rolled his eyes, "You're a great husband." he muttered, obviously sarcastic, as he followed him out into the street, "Or ex-husband? Whatever you are."
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:15 am

Caleb glanced back at him, unable to help the raise in his brow, "Didn't someone once said not to throw rocks when you live in a glass house?" he muttered.
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top