Strolling Into the Night

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Strolling Into the Night

Post  Natacha on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Anna nodded slightly, "Thanks," she mumbled, the subject still making her uncomfortable and twitchy, but she took a breath, smiling again as she looked between them again, "But I'm fine, really."

Caleb chuckled to himself at something Alexander said before he sniffed, a wide grin curving his lips as he turned to greet his best friend, "Kiran Hawthorne, you cold bastard, where you been?" he said, obviously drunk and loud enough for the whole house to hear him.
Natacha
Admin

View user profile http://www.natachajay.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Lynn studied her before nodding slightly, pretending she hadn't heard Caleb as she turned her attention back to the cake, biting her lip as not to say a word.

Kiran grinned crookedly, "Here and there, Walker." He muttered, moving towards his best friend, "How you been?" he muttered, taking off his sunglasses to reveal his uncharacteristically chilling gaze.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Anna flinched a little, shutting her eyes for a moment before she shook it off, glancing up at her mother-in-law again, "Can we just pretend that I'm not even here today, please?"

Caleb grinned, "Perfect, man, Eliya's pregnant again, other than that, same old," he muttered, shrugging slightly, "What about you? How you been?"
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:14 pm

Lynn glanced over at her, "Whatever you want, love." she said softly, turning back to the cake, biting her lip against giving advice as Eliya started to waddle out to the dining room.

Kiran grinned, "She's pregnant? Again? Jesus, how many is that now?" he smirked before shrugging, "I'm fine, soulless, you know."
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Alexander briefly interrupted, pursing his lips as he glanced up at Kiran from his glass of whiskey, "You should go say hello to your mother, Kiran," he muttered, gesturing to the kitchen.
Caleb's lips pulled into a slight pucker as he nodded, "Yeah, they might need help getting the cakes in here."
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Kiran made a face at his stepfather before he shrugged and turned on his heel to head towards the kitchen, giving Eliya a friendly pat on her belly as she waddled past. He took a breath as he looked over his mother, his gaze only moving to Anna once before returning to Lynn, "Hey mom." he muttered, moving to kiss her cheek.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:29 pm

Anna stiffened for a moment; feeling her heart stop in her chest before she dropped the cake knife onto the counter and turned to hurry into the dining room to set the table, raising her gaze once to Eliya to give her the 'I'm going to kill myself'-look.
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:34 pm

Eliya frowned deeply as she continued her waddle to Caleb, wanting to sit on his lap, her gaze studying Anna worriedly, 'It'll be okay' she sent her friend, trying to be comforting when there was a knock on the front door and her frowned deepened even more, "I'm not getting it, last time I did I was stabbed, brutally." she grumbled, glancing down at Caleb as if asking him if he'd know who it was.

Nero Hawthorne stood in his bloodied Sunday best on the front porch to his mother's house, he knew he wouldn't be attacked as long as his mother was there, an arrogant smile twitched on his lips as he knocked once more than let himself in.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Caleb wrinkled his nose at her, "Don't remind me," he mumbled, gently patting her belly as he smiled, obviously not going to get it either.
Anna rolled her pretty eyes at them, "You two are so paranoid," she mumbled before she went into the hall to get the door, the clicking of her heels stopping when she froze, "Nero?" she breathed, "What are you doing here?"
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Eliya made a face, "What she calls paranoia, I call being acutely aware of your surroundings." she muttered, smiling softly, "Lemme sit in your lap." she mumbled, pouting slightly.
Nero smiled up at her, "Can't a man come home to see his niece turn sixteen?" he muttered, "What? Not happy to see me?" he breathed, cocking his head to study her.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:38 pm

Caleb grinned at her, gently patting his thigh, "Come sit then."
Anna swallowed hard as she looked him over, feeling a slightly paranoid tingle in the back of her pretty head, "Course I am," she muttered, forcing a slight smile that was quickly wiped off of her face again, "You're bloody."

Eliya smiled to herself as got into lap carefully, wiggling around a little to get comfortable before patting her belly and glancing around, wondering what men talk about when their wives are in the kitchen.
Nero glanced down at the blood on his white dress shirt, "Its mine." he muttered, smiling up at her, "Got into a fight."

Casey glanced over his shoulder at Eliya, smiling slightly; the beef between him and Caleb obviously resolved as he turned in his seat, an excited look on his pretty face, "When are you due?"
Anna nodded slightly, "Good," she breathed before she smiled genuinely at him, "Come inside, we're gonna slice the cake any minute now."

Eliya thought for a moment and then smiled, "Twelve weeks." she said, rubbing her tummy as she leaned back against Caleb, "Speaking of, I found out what it is."
Nero grinned, "What flavor?" he muttered, referring to the cake.

Caleb glanced up at her, taking a sip from his whiskey before he smiled again, "You did?" he mumbled, "What is it?"
Anna moistened her lips, relaxing some in her body as she studied his face, "Vanilla and strawberry," she breathed, slowly making a turn on her heel to walk back into the kitchen.
Kira Maria smiled to herself as she smoothed out her little white dress, happy that both of her parents had decided to come tonight as she went into the kitchen, her smile widening when she looked up at her father, "Hey, daddy."

Eliya grinned widely and glanced up at him, "Another boy." she breathed.
Kiran glanced up at his little girl, his gaze softening, "Hey baby, happy birthday."

Caleb's smile widened, like this was exactly what he wanted to hear before he leaned up to kiss her gently, "That's amazing."
Kira made a noise, moving to hug him tight for a moment, burying her face in her father's chest, "Thanks, dad, I missed you."

Eliya giggled, "You act like I had anything to do in choosing it." she said, making a face, "I wanted a girl so she could grow up to date boys you hated." she teased.
Kiran hugged her tight, "I missed you too, how is everything?" he breathed, kissing the top of her head.

Caleb wrinkled his nose at her, "They always seem to do that," he mumbled, shuddering a little.
Kira shrugged slightly, pulling back a little to look up at him, "Fine, I guess, with you and mom gone, I get to spend a lot of time with grandma and the babies," she mumbled, smiling slightly.

Eliya grinned, "Cassy is going to start dating soon, you know, her fourteenth birthday is coming up and she wants Luce to give her a makeover so she's pretty for the boys." she breathed, teasing the hell out of him.
Lynn grinned up at them, "And Lord knows, I'm cooler than both of you." she breathed, referring to him and Anna.

Caleb frowned deeply at her, ignoring the fact that Casey and Christian were laughing their stupid asses off as he sighed, "Do you want me to hang myself in the backyard?"
"Like a branch could hold your giant ass up there for more than ten seconds," Anna breathed behind them, a soft smile curving her lips as she moved to put her arms around Eliya and hug her gently.
Kira grinned back at her, "Totally," she breathed before looking up at her father again, "Speaking of, have you talked to mom yet?"

Eliya laughed softly and gave Anna a loving squeeze, "Of course not, baby, I agree with Anna, your too big to hang, you'd never make it besides you have to be there to scare of all the potential teenage boys who are going to try and steal are daughter's virtues." she said, trying hard not to giggle through it.
Kiran pursed his lips, "No, should I?"

Anna bit her lip hard to keep herself from giggling as she watched Caleb make a disgusted face, "Oh, now you both got jokes, huh?" he mumbled, narrowing his eyes at them.
Kira nodded slightly, "I think you should," she mumbled, "She misses you."

Eliya grinned, leaning up to kiss his neck, "You know we love you." she breathed, "Well, I do, I don't know about Anna." she teased.
Kiran bit his lip, "How do you figure?"

Anna smiled warmly at them, "Course I do, you're a delight, Caleb," she teased before he rolled his eyes at them, "I need a cigarette."
Kira raised a brow at him, "Are you kidding me?" she mumbled, pulling back from him and running her fingers through her hair, "Mom's done nothing but study and work ever since she left, she hardly ever goes out anymore and I haven't seen her talking to any other men than Caleb and Casey. She misses you."

Eliya wrinkled her nose, "Cigarettes are bad for you." she mumbled, nodding.
Kiran studied her, "Kira, your mother doesn't want anything to do with me." he said softly, "She might miss me or even still love me but I make her hurt, she won't take me back." he muttered.

Caleb pursed his lips, "And babies give you stretch marks, but that's never stopped you," he teased, a wicked smile curving his lips as he prepared himself to be hit in the face.
Kira frowned slightly, "I'm not asking you to get back together, but at least talk to her," she mumbled, "Please? It's my birthday, dad."

Eliya made a noise and flicked his nose, "Keep talking like that and you won't get to put anymore babies inside this body." she grumbled, not wanting to move.

Caleb wrinkled his nose at her, "You're just saying that. Empty threats," he mumbled.
Anna smiled softly as she patted Eliya's hair, "I'll leave you to it," she breathed, starting for the kitchen again.

Eliya narrowed her eyes at him, "We'll see about that, Mr. Walker." she mumbled, taking this as a challenge.
Kiran studied his little girl, "Fine but don't blame me if nothing comes of it."

Caleb pursed his lips, taking another sip from his drink before he leaned in to kiss her cheek, "Always so feisty."
Kira felt her lips quirk up in a smile again, "Thank you, daddy," she breathed, getting on her toes to kiss his cheek before she turned and began into the living room, passing her mother who was now standing in the doorway, her gaze fixed on Lynn as she smiled a little, almost nervously, "Are the cakes ready yet?" she breathed, swallowing hard.

"You know, it makes you randy." Eliya breathed, wiggling her brows at him before she attempted to stand so he could smoke his cigarette before the cake got here, she made little noises, finding it really rather difficult.
Lynn put the finishing touches on Cael's pretty cake and smiled, "Done." she said as Kiran studied Anna, he smiled pleasantly, "Hey, it's..good to see you." he muttered, trying to be civil for his daughter's sake.

Caleb bit his lip, trying not to laugh as he watched her, "Need a hand, baby?"
Anna pursed her lips as she raised her gaze to his, wondering if it was actually her he was talking to as she raised a brow at him, "What?" she mumbled, watching him almost suspiciously as she went to pick up Kira's cake.

Eliya made a noise, floundering in the cutest, most pregnant-y way, "Yes, please." she mumbled, falling back against him a little out of breath.
Kiran arched a brow at her, "I said it was good to see you." he muttered.

Caleb breathed a soft laugh at her before he placed his hands on her hips, very gently and easily helping her to her feet, "Good?" he breathed, standing up behind her.
Anna gave a slight nod, an almost nervous half-smile curving her lips, "Right," she breathed, dropping her gaze as she gestured to the cake, like this was her excuse to escape the situation.

Eliya nodded and smiled up at him, "Thank you." she breathed, running her fingers through her hair, noticing Nero enter the room from the corner of her gaze.
Kiran shrugged to himself, watching Lynn hand Anna Kira's cake without a word.

"No worries, babe," Caleb muttered, gently kissing her cheek before he turned to walk outside, obviously not noticing Nero as there was a knocking on the door.
Anna swallowed hard again when she glanced up at Kiran, "We have to talk later," she muttered, giving a slight nod, mostly to herself before she began into the dining room.

Eliya straightened out her dress, feeling as if it was suddenly too small for her as she felt Nero's eyes on her belly.
Kiran didn't say anything as he turned to Lynn and they began to mutter in Russian.

Caleb felt a tingle in the back of his head, but decided to ignore it when he went to open the door; frowning a little as he pulled it open, "Can I help you?" he mumbled, looking over the guy standing on the porch, dressed in a black fitted tee and dark jeans; tattoos running up his arms and he smiled, "Yeah, uhm, is Anna Sommers here?"
Caleb wrinkled his nose, but he simply nodded, glancing over his shoulder to spot Anna on her way into the dining room and he pursed his lips, "Yeah, come on in."

Eliya felt an uncomfortable feeling spread up her spine as she tried not to look in Nero's direction, instead she smiled up at Anna and the cake, hoping not to let paranoia get the better of her nerves when Nero lunged suddenly, pushing Anna and the cake out of his way and tackled Eliya to the ground, trying to tear his teeth and claws into her belly as she screamed.

Caleb moved suddenly, like he'd anticipated something would happen soon enough, and in a matter of few seconds, he had his fingers curled in the back of Nero's jacket and tried to jerk him off of his wife and throw him across the room, his eyes darkening to black as a growl made its way up his throat.
Anna gritted her teeth, slumping against the wall she'd just bumped her head into as she raised her hand to press her palm against the place where it hurts, Jamie quickly appearing at her side as Caleb yelled for Kiran's assistance.

Kiran /moved/ to tackle Nero so he couldn't attack Eliya again, he could hear her whimpering and glanced up to see that his brother's nails had cut ribbons in her belly, making scarlet bloom on her pretty white dress; he growled and grabbed a fistful of Nero's hair and slammed his skull into the ground.

Caleb gritted his teeth, "Get him the fuck out of here," he said through his teeth, moving to help his wife as he glanced over at Anna, "Can you help her?," he breathed, getting a slow nod in return.

Kiran jerked Nero up and began dragging his sorry ass down into the basement. Eliya made a whimpering noise as tears started down her face, "I can't feel him." she breathed, choking up a sob as pain washed over her lower abdomen.

Caleb head snapped back so he could look at her, his eyes widening a little, "What?" he breathed.
Anna sighed, wiping her bloody hand on her jeans as Jamie helped her stand, "You have to get her to the hospital," she mumbled, only a few seconds passing before Caleb did so and Anna stumbled after Kiran.

...The hospital... Dr. Clarissa Miller pulled her surgical mask off as she pushed through her patient's door, starting for the waiting room where Eliya Walker's husband would be, she nor the nurses who were in the room with her noticed the black jackal sliding in from the shadows; the small, wolf-like creature lifted up on its hind legs and sunk it's teeth into Eliya's hand.
Dr. Miller sighed, "Mr. Walker?" she called, moving towards him, her lips tight as she thought over what to say to him.

Kiran shoved Nero against the basement wall, reaching behind him to pull out his Nine, fully ready to shoot the motherfucker.

Caleb blinked slowly, tearing himself out of his thoughts as he looked up at the doctor, a worried line creasing his forehead as he studied her face, "Is she okay?"

Anna wrapped her arms around herself as she stopped on the middle of the stairs, watching Kiran and Nero with her lips pulled into a relatively thin line as she dug her red fingernails into her sides, wondering if he was going to execute him on the spot.

Dr. Miller took a breath, "She's fine, the wounds were only superficial but I'm worried about her, she almost lost the baby, and I think it would be best if she is bed-ridden for the next few weeks and try not to stress her, okay?" she said softly, "She's asleep right now but you can see her if you like."

Kiran cocked the gun when he heard his mother's footsteps on the stairs, "Don't." Lynn breathed, moving past Anna towards her sons.

Caleb released a breath, smiling a little to himself; obviously relieved, "Thank you," he breathed, getting out of his seat and starting for Eliya's room.

Anna swallowed hard, leaning against the wall as she continued to watch them, deciding to observe.
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:45 am

The jackal let go of her hand, watching for a moment as the puncture wounds disappeared into her skin and he sunk back into the shadows as she started to stir.

Lynn moved towards Nero and pulled him to his feet, "Aryan. Go." she said softly, gesturing to the stairs, "Shut the door on your way out."
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:47 am

Caleb carefully pushed open the door to Eliya's room; a soft smile curving his lips as he began towards her bed, not saying anything just yet.

Anna bit the inside of her lip, figuring this applied to her as well as she turned to walk up the stairs, a cold seeping into her chest.
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:52 am

Eliya's lids fluttered and she smiled softly at her husband, "What did the doctor say?" she breathed, looking small and very pregnant in her hospital bed.

Kiran made a noise but he didn't object as he started up the stairs after Anna, "What did you want to talk about?" he muttered when he was near enough.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:55 am

Caleb gently took her hand in his and kissed her knuckles; the smile never leaving his face, "She said you have to take it easy for a few weeks, stay in bed, no stress," he said softly, "Looks like I'm finally gonna be able to treat you as a Queen, huh?"

Anna ran her fingers over her hair, taking a breath and waiting till they were out of the basement before she turned to look at him, "We just need to take care of some things," she breathed, starting for Alexander's study and expecting him to follow her.
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:00 am

Eliya smiled warmly, her lids still heavy, "Mm and I'll enjoy seeing that." she breathed, "When can we go home?" she mumbled, tilting her head a little.

Kiran pursed his lips but didn't say anything as he followed after her.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:04 am

Caleb pursed his lips, "We should probably let them keep you over the night," he breathed, kissing her knuckles again before he pulled the chair up to the bed.

Anna swallowed hard as she slipped into the study and moved towards the desk to grab the manilla envelope she'd placed there earlier. She ran her fingers along the edges of it, keeping her back turned to him as she took a deep breath, silently thinking to herself.
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:08 am

Eliya made a face, "As long as you'll stay with me, okay." she mumbled and then frowned for a moment, "Do you think Cael will be upset?"

Kiran studied her back, "What is it?" he muttered, part of him all ready knowing the answer.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:11 am

Caleb gave a slight shrug, "He'll understand, I'm sure," he muttered, not letting go of her hand as he sat down.

Anna blinked a few times to herself before she turned around, holding the envelope out to him, "Divorce papers," she breathed, raising her gaze to his face; well aware that he probably wouldn't care.
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:15 am

Eliya squeezed his fingers, "I hope so." she breathed, sighing softly, the warm smile returning to her lips, "Have I told you that I loved you today?" she said softly, her other hand moving to rub her tummy, thankful their baby was still alive.

Kiran studied the envelope and then her face, "You really want to do this here? On Kira's birthday?" he muttered.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:19 am

"Not enough," Caleb breathed, his smile becoming crooked as he watched her, "I love you, Eliya."

"Today's as good as any," Anna breathed, purposely averting his gaze as she turned to move around the desk, dropping the envelope onto it.
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:23 am

"I love you more, Caleb." She breathed, still rubbing her tummy, "Will you lay down with me?" she asked softly.

Kiran smirked and bit his tongue as he reached for the envelope, he opened it to find the papers, grabbing a pen, he signed them, stuffed them back into the envelope and threw them at her before turning on his heel to disappear.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:27 am

Caleb pursed his lips, "I shouldn't," he breathed, "Not yet, you should rest with as much room as possible."

Anna shut her eyes a moment as she wrapped the fingers around the envelope, getting out of the chair before she started for the hall, sliding her cell out of her pocket to call her lawyer, her eyes stinging and her heart clenching in her chest.
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:34 am

Eliya's lips pulled into a pout, "Please, I'll feel better." she mumbled.

Kiran moved towards the door, not saying anything to anyone as he slid his sunglasses on and stepped outside, he moved towards his soon-to-be ex-wife's car and broke open the little door to the gas, he glanced around as he tore a strip from his shirt and placed one end in the gas and set the other end on fire before escaping to his own car before it went up in a blaze.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natacha on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:38 am

Caleb narrowed his eyes a bit at her before he sighed, "Fine, but if you start bleeding or anything, I'll beat you," he muttered, getting up to get in next to her.

Anna didn't pay much attention to anything, wiping the tears from her eyes as she explained the current situation to her lawyer; stopping when she reached the window and her eyes widened, "You sonofabitch," she breathed, starting towards the door, "He set my fucking car on fire," she squeaked, dropping her cell and moving both of her hands into her hair as she reached the porch, simply staring at the display.
Natacha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top