Oh damn...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oh damn...

Post  Ashleh on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm kind of just sitting here at my dad's in the dark, listening to music, and reading about tragic love stories and in movies, I know, it's kind of pathetic but meh, it's all so damn sad, I kinda just get teary eyed whenever I read something especially tragic. I mean the saddest thing about a Splendor in the Grass is that Deanie and Bud want to be together but she's a virgin and she wants to wait because its appropriate for a girl in the fifties but Bud doesn't so his parents tell him to sleep with a slutty girl and keep it low profile but Deanie finds out and she has a mental breakdown and ends up in a mental institution for years, when she gets out she finds Bud married with children, what's worse is the woman he married resembles Deanie, and these two characters are so meant to be together but she tells him they can't be because he has a family so she leaves with these parting words: "What though the radiance which was once so bright Be now for ever taken from my sight, Though nothing can bring back the hour Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower; We will grieve not, rather find Strength in what remains behind..." and then marries someone else. It killed me.
Romeo and Juliet are nothing compared to this, sure they die but in that tragedy you can only hope that in death they are finally together; the real tragedy is loving someone so much, to sit next to them, to talk to them, to dance with them, but never be together, to live apart. How can someone live in the same world as their soulmate and never be able to touch them? Love is such a dark and obssessive thing, it can destroy like it can breathe life.
This is all I'm gonna be able to think about now *pouts* I'm gonna write about Eliya and Lynn, they have a song now! Its this:

I know, I know, its country but y'all must realize though some country music is just gross, a lot of the heartbreak songs are just so beautifully written, they fit so perfectly sometimes. Anyways, this is just perfect for them now which is kind of sad if you think about it *nods* hmm, I think Lynn and Eliya will write letters to Caleb too, he needs to write them back, you needa write me back, and the same with Anna, Miss Jensen.
Okay, we're going to leave in ten minutes. So I shall end this post thingy with all the love in the world.
Ashleh
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top